From : Geh Cheng Lok & Co, Advocates & Solicitors
Friday, August 14, 2009
From : Geh Cheng Lok & Co, Advocates & Solicitors
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
This was the first book I bought when I first came to Singapore to study O Level (plz take note, to study not for shopping or sth else). This book was recommended by Mdm Susan, my English teacher... She was the 2nd person I met when I first entered TMC Academy (the first one, guess who??) She was very helpful n friendly although to be honest some students didnt like her.... Not because she fierce (Oh God, she was super damn kind), but maybe because she taught a bit slow (come on man, she's 50's)... Alright, back to the book, I bought it in Bras Basah 2nd hand Bookshop.. It was quite cheap and I should have thought my tuition teacher also used the same book..hahaha... And to answer the question above, the human is Zhang Lien (if I'm not mistaken)..She was the course leader for O level which now has been replaced by Mizz Zoey...
This is my Malay Workbook.. I got it from my Malay teacher, Mr. Arif.. He is a Malaysian and came from the National Institute of Education (I guess so).. He taught me how to speak Bahasa Melayu in Baku. Although it was a bit hard at first but as the time goes by, I get use to it.. So far I have done my Malay Oral Exam and now I'm just waiting for the written exam...
My set of "English in Mind" from Erican Language Centre.. They have helped me in a lot of things not just sth that related to English but also about the culture, the tradition n the lifestyle of the Britons where most of them are the native speakers of English... The books which were published by Cambridge University Press n printed in Singapore also taught me how to express my emotions n feelings in English.. Surprisingly, some of the books in the picture were just for sale in South East Asia only.. (Maybe they have sth better in UK, I have no idea) ..
My main reference books,,,,The TMC SPECIAL TEXTBOOKS..... Just applicable for English, E. Maths and Additional Maths.. The only books I have that u cant get them from any bookshop except from TMC or maybe Bras Basah Complex... :-)
My lovely twins that helped me a lot in my Additional Maths... Now , I'm looking for the Geometry and Trigonometry version...
Although I'm not taking Chinese for my O Level, I also want to show u the books that help me in learning Mandarin (Chinese).... I'm studying Mandarin in Erican Language Centre in Johor and now I'm repeting my Level 1..hahaha...(what a waste....)
P/S: Sorry 4 my grams (grammars).. I'm in rush.. Gotta go to answer the nature's call......I will check later... =.=
Ogos, august, augustus, elokuu, kolovoz, Sing-ha-kom, Lúnasa, 八月, Серпень, Thang Tam, авгуcт, sierpień, أغسطس
These are some of the reasons why August which was actually the sixth month in the ancient Roman calender is so lovely and my cup of tea:
- August 9- Singapore National's Day (the country where I'm studing now)
- August 10- My Birthday... Hurray !!! (and my grandpa's)
- August 17- Indonesia's National Day (the country where I was born)..
- August 22- (ONLY FOR 2009) The beginning of Ramadhan aka the fasting month for Muslim people..
- August 24- My Oral English Examination which means I must sacrifice my time, put in more effort and work harder..
- August 31- Malaysia's National Day (my great and wonderful hometown)
For your information, many countries besides those I mentioned above also became independent in the gorgeous month of August such as:
- August 1- Swiss National Day.. (Switzerland)
- August 6- Bolivia ..
- August 10- Ecuador... (again my B'day)
- August 14- Pakistan..
- August 15- Korea and India...
- August 21- Hawaii became the 50th state of the United States of America.. (hula hula)
- August 25- Uruguay (independent from Brazil)
- The end of 2nd World War (in 1945)... PEACE!!! STOP WAR!!
- National Women's Day in South Africa (August 9)...
- Language Month or "Buwan ng Wika " for the Philippines...
- Holiday month for most worker in many European countries..
- For the United States, August is the National Goat Cheese Month and the National Back to School month since some of US School districts and systems return to school in August.
- Bon festival - (Obon Festival) is a Japanese traditional buddhist custom, evolved into a family reunion holiday. Many Japanese manufacturers and firms give their employees 3 to 5 days off around August 15.
P/S: pictures are taken from flikr and yahoo image. Some informations are based on Wikipedia and My Little Book of Ideas by aLan (3/8/09). Thanks to my English teacher Miss Li Ling..
What I want??? .....
----English experts especially major in grammar to check my grammar and sentences in my posts in this marvellous n splendid blog (blowing my own trumpet..hehehe).....
What u can do? : Do remember to leave ur comment.. Hope we can learn from each other..
Should u need further clarification and details, plz do not hesitate to contact 099-987654321 Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (now is the real one)... Thanks for ur visit n time...
the President of One Republic...
Friday, July 10, 2009