Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The bOOks of the YeaR

O level is coming... Now it's the time for me to show my gratitude and appreciation to some of the books that have helped me to prepare for my O Level Examination... Without wasting any time.. These are some of them.....


This was the first book I bought when I first came to Singapore to study O Level (plz take note, to study not for shopping or sth else). This book was recommended by Mdm Susan, my English teacher... She was the 2nd person I met when I first entered TMC Academy (the first one, guess who??) She was very helpful n friendly although to be honest some students didnt like her.... Not because she fierce (Oh God, she was super damn kind), but maybe because she taught a bit slow (come on man, she's 50's)... Alright, back to the book, I bought it in Bras Basah 2nd hand Bookshop.. It was quite cheap and I should have thought my tuition teacher also used the same book..hahaha... And to answer the question above, the human is Zhang Lien (if I'm not mistaken)..She was the course leader for O level which now has been replaced by Mizz Zoey...


This is my Malay Workbook.. I got it from my Malay teacher, Mr. Arif.. He is a Malaysian and came from the National Institute of Education (I guess so).. He taught me how to speak Bahasa Melayu in Baku. Although it was a bit hard at first but as the time goes by, I get use to it.. So far I have done my Malay Oral Exam and now I'm just waiting for the written exam...

The one on the left is my Physics textbook while the one on the right is my Physics exercise book. I bought the latter all by myself in Popular Bookstore in Woodlands.. So far, we have finished all the topics and now we are focusing more on the revision for the exam...


These triplets are my English reference books... The one on the top was from BBC English and the yellow book, I inherited it from my sister.. While the Mr. Red , I bought it in Far East Plaza in Orhard Road during the Mega Sales.... (not so "Mega" actually)...




My set of "English in Mind" from Erican Language Centre.. They have helped me in a lot of things not just sth that related to English but also about the culture, the tradition n the lifestyle of the Britons where most of them are the native speakers of English... The books which were published by Cambridge University Press n printed in Singapore also taught me how to express my emotions n feelings in English.. Surprisingly, some of the books in the picture were just for sale in South East Asia only.. (Maybe they have sth better in UK, I have no idea) ..


The only thing that I can say about this book is " YOU MUST BUY IT "... It is not just for O Level candidates but also for all students of English language who are preparing for public exams. Although its title refers to the GCE O Level, the contents are equally applicable to students studying for other exams that contain elements of directed n continuous writing, comprehension and summary... (derived from the introduction page..huhuhu)



My main reference books,,,,The TMC SPECIAL TEXTBOOKS..... Just applicable for English, E. Maths and Additional Maths.. The only books I have that u cant get them from any bookshop except from TMC or maybe Bras Basah Complex... :-)




My lovely twins that helped me a lot in my Additional Maths... Now , I'm looking for the Geometry and Trigonometry version...


Bold
Although I'm not taking Chinese for my O Level, I also want to show u the books that help me in learning Mandarin (Chinese).... I'm studying Mandarin in Erican Language Centre in Johor and now I'm repeting my Level 1..hahaha...(what a waste....)


P/S: Sorry 4 my grams (grammars).. I'm in rush.. Gotta go to answer the nature's call......I will check later... =.=

No comments: